Investigations into corruption cases and leaked financial records, such as the Panama and the Pandora Papers, have showcased how elected public officials and their cronies systematically abuse their position to loot state funds. As a result, regulated businesses are charged to implement effective procedures to prevent kleptocrats from using their systems for money laundering. This course is designed to help practitioners who deal with PEPs to effectively detect and prevent corruption perpetuated by PEPs.
What will you learn?
- Introduction to and gravity of PEP-related corruption (Kleptocracy).
- Legal and regulatory framework for managing PEP relationships.
- Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) & PEP Screening (Sanctions & OSINT).
- Indicators of low-risk/high-risk PEPs and their requirements.
- Third-Party Risk & Anti-Bribery and Corruption Integrity Due Diligence.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for CDD team managers, leaders, supervisors, compliance/second line of defense KYC/CDD escalations and reviews teams, and frontline operational staff in KYC/CDD roles in traditional banks, FinTechs, mobile money services, law and accounting firms, real estates, and other accountable institutions to help practitioners who deal with PEPs to effectively detect and prevent corruption perpetuated by PEPs. Interested?