The purpose of this training is to equip delegates with theoretical and practical knowledge that will increase their awareness and competency in detecting and preventing money laundering (ML) and terrorist financing (TF) within the financial services industry. The training will examine the vulnerabilities of financial institutions to ML/TF, with a particular focus on prevalent methodologies in the Sub-Saharan African sub-region. Delegates will learn how to effectively identify, assess, and mitigate their ML/TF risk exposures
What will you learn?
- ML/TF and emerging threats.
- A review of Ghana’s AML/CTF regulations, frameworks, and firms’ obligations.
- ML/TF Risk Assessment and Risk-Based Approach.
- Payment screening and Transaction Monitoring (TM)) requirements, TM Alerts Case Management, investigations, and reporting.
- Elements of effective AML/CTF frameworks.
- TF and Islamic insurgencies in Africa; Boko Haram and Al Shabaab.
- Social media, remittance systems, and TF.
- Human/sex trafficking and ML methodology and global terrorism networks.
Who is this course for?
Professionals in banks, non-bank financial institutions, FinTechs, Designated non-financial businesses and professions (DNFBPs) telcos, mobile money operators with financial crime compliance programs, and jobseekers within the financial industry. Interested?