Become a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist with a certification program offered by the Global Compliance Institute (GCI). The study guide for this program has been recently updated (March 2023). This certification program helps you gain a better understanding of anti-money laundering, going beyond traditional training materials that simply discuss the stages and methods of money laundering.
This program will also help you discover the international standards and best practices in fighting financial crime. Understand and analyse the evolution of money and financial technologies (Virtual Currencies & Virtual Assets). Prepare an intelligent due diligence and investigation process employing the most advanced techniques and technologies in Fintech (Robotic Process Automation & Artificial Intelligence).
You will learn how to build and develop compliant systems and processes for online onboarding, eKYC, AML risk rating, and transaction monitoring. Everything is explained in detail, utilizing both international and country-specific local AML laws and regulations, cases and examples, and proposed models you can implement within your own institution.
GCI is a leading provider of accredited, certified banking training. This program is an accredited and recognised program compatible with global CPD principles.
The cost of this instructor-led virtual training program is $500 USD, and this covers the following:
4*4 virtual sessions, One-year membership, and access to the candidate portal where you can download the program study guide, undertake the practice questions, and schedule your online proctored exam. And E-Certificate and verifiable digital badge when you pass the assessment. GCI also offers one exam retake for free.
Enrol today to become a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (AMLS).
Financial Crime Principles
- Understand and analyse the elements of the money laundering crime, including predicate offences, Proceeds, concealment, and State of mind – The mental element, in addition to serious crime, threshold approach, Dual Criminality, and Unwelcomed Money.
- Learn How to Detect and prevent Cuckoo smurfing & Money Mules.
- Identify Terrorism Financing and Proliferation Financing typologies.
- Analyses real Money laundering cases and examples.
Risk-Based Approach & Compliance Monitoring
- Learn how to apply AML Risk-Based Approach, including automated customer risk rating, transactions monitoring, and AML regulatory examinations, along with detailed models and examples.
- Prepare a detailed and comprehensive Geographic Risk Index (GRI) that covers Money laundering, Terrorism Impact, International Sanctions, Corruption, and Financial Secrecy.
- How to conduct a KYC analysis and a reasonableness test of the KYC information.
- How to detect PEPs through Customer Due Diligence and PEP Screening, PEP risk assessment, classification, and declassification according to FATF & Wolfsberg.
- Learn how to identify the Ultimate Beneficial Owners (UBOs) with detailed examples.
Fintech & The Evolution of Money and Financial Crime
- Know how to build a perfect and compliant online customer onboarding process, Digital Identity, and EKYC.
- Develop Transaction Monitoring Systems (TMS), Money Laundering Risk Rating Tools, and Case Management Systems employing the latest technologies in AML, including Artificial Intelligence and Robotic Process Automation.
- Understand the evolution of money, Virtual Currencies & Virtual Assets. and how to mitigate the associated financial crime risks.
- Analyse the opportunities and challenges presented by Fintech in the fight against financial crime.
Money Laundering in The Financial Sector
- Identify the key risks and red flag indicators associated with money laundering in the financial sector, with a focus on the banking and securities sectors.
Money Laundering in Non-Financial Sectors
- Recognize the risks and typologies of money laundering in non-financial sectors, including the roles played by real estate agents, precious metals and stones dealers, lawyers, notaries, accountants, trust and company service providers, casinos, charities and non-profit organisations.
The International Framework of AML
- Understand the international framework of AML in AML compliance, including the Financial Action Task Force, Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, Wolfsberg Group, the US AMLA 2020, and EU AML Directives.
AML Officers and Managers, in addition to front liners and back-office staff who participate in processing financial transactions:
- Banking Industry
- Insurance and reinsurance Companies
- Brokerage Firms
- Leasing and Microfinance Companies
- Lending Firms
- Exchange Houses and Money Service Business
Workers at the supervisory authorities, e.g.:
- Central Banks
- Financial Sector Regulatory Authorities
- Financial Intelligence Units FIUs
- Tax Authorities
- Related Ministries and government bodies
AML SOLUTIONS PROVIDERS.
DESIGNATED NON-FINANCIAL BUSINESSES AND PROFESSIONS
- Real estate companies
- Independent legal professionals (i.e., notaries, lawyers)
- Precious metals/stones companies
- Trust and investment funds companies
- External auditors and accounting professionals
Duration: 16 Hours
Program Fees – $500 USD
Register & Pay USD
Register & Pay GHS