The course is designed to help CDD teams understand and acknowledge the requirements for onboarding customers remotely and in person. It will equip delegates with the skills to capture risk-relevant customer information and understand the money laundering and other financial crime risks associated with business relationships. The course will help them to effectively mitigate customer-related AML/CTF risks.
What will you learn?
- International and local AML/CTF regulatory frameworks.
- Regulations and industry guidance allied to CDD & firms’ CDD obligations.
- Digital identity requirements, remote onboarding, and eKYC procedures.
- Due Diligence across customer types, EDD, open-source Intelligence (OSINT) and thirty-party integrity due diligence processes.
- KYC/CDD refresh and Perpetual KYC.
- Ensuring consistency in KYC standards and elements of quality customer data.
- In-depth case study exercises on complex corporate structure and high net-worth individual (HNWI).
Who is this course for?
Managers, team leaders, and CDD team supervisors to refresh and upskill their knowledge, compliance (second line of defense) KYC/CDD escalations and reviews teams, frontline operational staff in KYC/CDD roles in traditional banks, FinTechs, telcos, law firms, real estates, and other business subject to AML/CTF regulations.